Friday, July 28, 2006

Paris, Here I Come!

C'est vrai! I purchased my plane ticket to Paris for October this week! It was quite exhilarating, sitting here on the airline's website, pausing before selecting "purchase." Strangely enough, I felt a bit nervous. Not anxious/worried nervous, but rather, butterflies in my stomach nervous. It had nothing to do with the cost. It just felt so surreal...I am really going in a little over two months! I've wanted to do this for so long now but I always let other things (usually those ridiculously practical things!) prevent me from seeing it through.

I love the giddy feeling that comes with really pursuing (and not just talking about) my dreams. I am so excited to be in Paris. In my heart, I know that this first trip will forever change me and open me up to the world in both literal and figurative terms.

5 comments:

carra said...

Congratulations darling you can do it! I'll be there in the airport ;)

Anonymous said...

Congrats! I love it when the plane ticket is purchased, there is no turning back - you'll be in Paris come hell or hostel!

Run Around Paris said...

I know the feeling - I'm excited to be going back to Paris this September. You should try Le Gambetta in the 11th arrondissement - they have the best profiterols in Paris.
Have fun!

transall said...

Bonjour,

Bienvenue à Paris...

J'espère que vous apprécierez votre séjour parmi nous, et que vous aurez la possibilité de voir un maximum de choses.

Amitiés,

Didier (photo blog)

MadameK said...

Congrats on your October trip! . The weather in October is wonderfully crisp. Prepare to be changed forever.