Sunday, October 22, 2006

I Heart Paris...The Introduction


I have returned from fabulous Paris. Yes, it was all that I dreamed of and so much more. I have so many pictures and stories to tell (yes, this is truly a photo I took myself!) and I have gained so much perspective as a result of this experience. I am excited to share more with everyone.

Unfortunately, it will be another day or two before I can likely share anything here on my blog. I am in a bit of a tailspin since returning. My first day back, Friday, I discovered that my mother has cancer and is going in this week for surgery. She discovered this right before I left for Paris and didn't want to trouble me before leaving. That's just how my mother is.

So, I went out yesterday and bought a car. I knew that I would start looking once I returned from Paris. It has just been too difficult without a car. But upon discovering my mother's condition, the urgency was upon me. Fortunately, I found something within the day and that gives me so much peace of mind now. I'm also really struggling to adjust to the time change. Right now I am awaking at 4am and dead tired by 8pm.

Thank you everyone for the kind wishes while I was gone and even before I left. I have missed you all and promise to start posting some photos and stories as soon as possible.

12 comments:

Kim/Thomas said...

I am soo sorry!!
Let me know if you need to talk:)
I'll send good thoughts to your mom and pray she will be a-ok:)
I can't wait to hear all about paris, i'll be on the edge of my seat, waiting patiently of course!
bisous, kim

Pam said...

All the best for your mom - will certainly send love and prayers to her this week - and for you too.

I am delighted to read that Paris was beyond your dreams! YAY!

xx

Run Around Paris said...

OMG - I cannot WAIT to read all about your trip! I am so glad that you're home safe!!

Erin

Run Around Paris said...

Whoa...I just actually READ your post and about your mom - I'm so sorry about that. I know it sounds crazy since we're far away, but if there's anything you ever need, or if you just want to talk, I'm here.

Erin

B said...

Thank you so much for the kind thoughts, everyone. It means more than you know. I am sure I will get around to posting later this evening, even if just a few tidbits of my trip to start. Thank you again. As always, I am humbled by your kindness and friendship!

Anonymous said...

Hi,
Like your blog alot. My blog is www.eyepreferparis.com. It's an ex-New Yorkers insiders guide to Paris. Do u want to do a link exchange? thanks.
Best,

Richard Nahem
http://www.eyepreferparis.com
Logon today

buzzgirl said...

B, I'll be thinking good thoughts for your mom and your family.

I'm glad Paris was everything you'd hope for, and can't wait to hear the stories and see the photos. You didn't, by any chance, hook up with some random Scottish guy did you? :)

Anonymous said...

Hi,
I deeply apologize for asking you about my link exchange and being so insensitive about your mother's codition before. Please forgive me and I hope your mother is well again soon.
richard

Cavalock said...

So sorry to hear bout yr mom. Don't worry bout putting up yr post, am sure we understand that yr mom comes first.

take care

Richard said...

I am glad to hear that you found Paris as magical and wonderful as you expected. Sometimes our anticipations and expectations are not met.

I am sorry to hear about your mother. My mother was diagnosed with non-Hodgkin's Lymphoma back in January 2005. After initial chemo, she was rediagnosed with it January 2006. A more aggressive round of chemo was unable to stop it, so she is dying.

I hope that your mother has better success with her treatment.

I had a good life with my mother, so I am not saddened for myself, but, I do feel sadness for the experiences my kids may lose. While on chemo, we avoided my mother if anyone was sick or under suspicion of being sick because her immune system was totally down. This has proved hard on the kids who wonder "why we don't visit grandma so often and why is grandma always sick?"

Louis la Vache said...

"b" - That's a fine photo!

I'm empathize very much with you and your mother. I've travelled down that same road.

Anonymous said...

welcome back b....

so sorry to hear about your mom's condition. hope she'll be alright and the chemo will be done by the doctors successfully....