Saturday, October 27, 2007

Again?!?!

Yep...my car was hit AGAIN! Fortunately, this time I wasn't driving it at the time. I left work yesterday, got in my car and saw a note on my windshield. I knew right away. Someone backed into my rear passenger side and it is pretty bad. Bad enough that it will have to be fixed as immediately as possible, lest my bumper should fly off on the freeway or something!!

Wow...I have some shitty car karma! And it isn't attached to just this car. If you recall, my previous car drowned and then of course, getting rear ended on the freeway a week after I bought my current car. Of course, it could always be worse. The woman who hit my car seems nice and the fact that she left a note is huge. So many people drive off, I'm sure. And I wasn't in it and don't have to worry about the possibility of another injury. I also feel better about paying for insurance every month. I mean, so far, my insurance has paid off my car that drowned and has handled a few claims on my behalf. So, I have to laugh, right? Really, what else is there to do?

6 comments:

bobbi said...

unfortunatly I can relate. yesterday i was in a parking lot meeting a friend for lunch, waiting to park and this lady didn't look and backed up into my new volvo and dented the whole front door.
sorry about your sccident.

B said...

bobbi...ugh. i'm so sorry to hear that you too share my pain! i hope you are okay and that getting it all taken care of isn't too much of a hassle! thanks for stopping by my blog!

Richard said...

At least you weren't hurt and the lady did leave a note.

My care has been dinged and dented several times in Montreal, with nary a note. The largest was a big dent on teh drivers's side door that was not something someone could have easily overlooked.

B said...

richard...yes, i am fortunate that she did leave a note. i know what you're saying about not leaving a note. that has happened to me in the past (again, fortunately never leaving as considerable damage as this accident). someone also recently dropped something on my hood in my neighborhood but never left a note. there are very distinct puncture marks in the hood. disappointing to say the least.

La Page Française said...

Wow, B, that completely sucks about your car. But as Richard pointed out above, at least the lady left a note, and, more importantly, at least you weren't hurt. Car dings are so very irritating, but as you said, what else is there to do with something like this but laugh at the absurdity of it all.

B said...

la page française...yeah, it does suck but i do consider myself fortunate. ironically, this accident (being backed into while parked) did way more damage to my car than being hit on the freeway at 30+ mph. but life is full of ironies, isn't it? :) fortunately, all this has taught me that a car is just a car and certainly nothing to be upset about but yes, much better to laugh at!